With great appreciation to http://cynicallyengineered.wordpress.com/ , pointsthruprose is now the recipient of the Liebster Blog Award! Since being a faithful blogger now for almost 3 months, I have often wondered what this prestigious award is all about. Well thanks to my good friend and faithful follower, CE, I now know. Wow what a feeling, I would say my experience in the blogging world has been incredible and if I had my way I would be posting, finding new blogs and commenting all day. I can’t get over the beautiful poetry, works of art and insightful posts I have come across. I started pointsthruprose not only to display my art and poetry, but also to display the works of others who don’t have time to blog or simply don’t want to. However, I would say everyone can benefit from having a blog and it is so cool to be part of this community. I can’t say enough great things about blogging, art, poetry and WordPress. Thank you to everyone who has been following and commenting on my blog.
The Award; The Liebster Blog Award is given to up coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest,dearest, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The rules for the Liebster Blog Award are:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & paste the blog award on your blog
4. Reveal your 5 blog picks.
5. Let them know you choose them by leaving a comment on their blog.
Like everyone else, narrowing it down to 5 favourite bloggers is no easy task. Here is who I chose and why.
- Seasons Poetry http://seasonspoetry.com/ , Poetry & Photography by Francina Hartstra. I find myself walking into a beautiful gallery of photography and poetry. Francina’s poetry and photography brings me back to the incredible world of nature and beauty in art. Most of my writing has been about human nature lately and when I visit this blog I am reminded of where it all started for me – with one simple Haiku. Thank you Francina, I hope to get back to writing about the beauty of nature again soon.
- Isabellart http://isabellart.wordpress.com/ , Isabella is a very talented young artist. I enjoy this blog because it is full of all sorts of gems from poetry, painting, drawing and fashion design. Isabella has been a great fan of my son Murdoch’s work and they are around the same age. I think the world is full of talented young artists like Isabella and Murdoch and I admire their courage in sharing their work with the world.
- Aaron Leman http://aaronleaman.com/, I love receiving a new post from this blog. I have never seen photography like this before, Aaron is a very insightful artist and has the ability to capture photographs from another dimension, in my eyes. I don’t know a lot about photography, but I do know I love the mysticism in his work.
- Carol Lefevre http://carollefevre.wordpress.com/, Carol’s Tips for Empowerment – “we are actually more powerful than we can even imagine”. I couldn’t agree with Carol more as I believe we all have way more creative energy than we think. Carol is a Medical Intuitive, Conscious Channel, Applied Kinesiologist, Reiki Master, Feng Shui Specialist, Founder of the Beishu Method, Vibrational Healer, Teacher and Alchemist and I might add a great friend of mine. Carol has also been posting some of her art on pointsthruprose and she too just woke up one day and painted a painting. She does magnificent work!
- Kyla Bailey http://kylabaileyphoto.wordpress.com/, photography worth checking out. Kyla has an amazing ability to capture a landscape. Her photography is relevant, captivating and diverse. She is also a very interesting and compassionate individual as you will see from her blog.
So there you have it 5 very different, artistic and relevant blogs. My blog is all about diversity, and I am fortunate to bring that out through the various artists and writers who have trusted me with their most prized possessions. I would like to thank Joanna Hyde, O.G. Hawkins, Carol Lefevre, Murdoch McSween, Kristine Zoodedoo and Dan Gibbs & Jeff Vasey for their contributions to pointsthruprose. I would like to thank everyone who is following our blog, commented, liked or simply just viewed.